8.4 Release Details for Shogun and Ninja Inferno
• Added support for Panasonic Varicam LT 10-bit RAW 2kp100/120/200/240 to ProRes & DNX.
• Added support for Panasonic Varicam LT 12-bit RAW to CDNG up to 4kp30.
• Added support for Panasonic Varicam LT 10-bit RAW 2kp100/120 to CDNG.
• (Ninja release doesn’t include Panasonic RAW updates)
Added an option to embed Analog audio into the loop out signal:
• Turn on “Embed Analog audio” in the Audio menu.
• Select which channel to embed by clicking on the “A” button.
• The embedded channel will replace the existing channel on the loop out.
• Audio meters will continue to show the input signal.
Added correct metadata to .mov files for Rec.2100 modes (PQ and HLG) when ATOM HDR monitor mode is enabled.
“Auto HDR” option added in the ATOM HDR options (Support for PQ/HLG and BT.709/BT.2020):
• Enable this option when using a PQ or HLG workflow (eg. PS4 Pro and Microsoft Xbox).
• The HDMI input will decode HDR info frames and automatically configure the gamut and gamma.
• The HDMI output will transmit the correct HDR info frames to the downstream monitor for PQ and HLG.
• In playback the .correct HDR mode will be automatically configured based on the .mov file metadata
Added HDR support for Red Log3G10.
Added HDR support for Hybrid Log Gamma for Sony FS5.
Complete release information, including other fixes on this 8.4 AtomOS release, can be found on the Atomos.com support page Firmware download and Release Notes.